Pastor leaves $0 tip at Applebee’s and is pissed when the receipt ends up going viral.
From Yahoo: ”An Applebee’s waitress who posted a receipt with a note from a pastor complaining about the automatic gratuity added to the bill on the Internet was fired on Wednesday after the pastor complained to her manager.”
Am I the only one outraged by this? I literally had to read the article three times to make sure I understood it. Here’s my take on it…Pastor has dinner with 8+ guests (to trigger the auto 18%,) the bill comes, she sees the auto tip, scratches out the tip, writes $0 and then writes “I give 10% to God, why do you get 18%?” Then the server pops the pic above online, it goes viral and the Pastor is “embarrassed.”
Cue me losing my shit:
1. First and foremost, how did 8+ people eat for $35 bucks? Did they all get freakin’ lemonades or something What the hell is that? And who cares about a $6 tip. Was that too deep for this woman of God? Couldn’t spare that extra five spot and a single?
2. As a Pastor, aren’t you required to give a bit more than 10% to God? Aren’t you all in at that point? And why would you broadcast that to this server.
3. Explain to me why this server got fired? Give me three reasons. If I was the manager and I was approached by the pastor, I would have told her have a nice day. No need to come back. I’m cool without your business.
4. Did this pastor really think this wouldn’t end up on the internet? With today’s social media and mobile access, you have to be so careful about what you do. Any type of idiotic move results in you having to deal with it publicly and this is no different.
5. The the Pastor said this: “My heart is really broken,” Bell added. “I’ve brought embarrassment to my church and ministry.” What a snarky, shitty thing to say. You mean to tell me that when you left NO TIP on a bill and left a smart ass message about God, that you’d never hear about it? Hell, I would have google machined that broad, shown up at the next service and blasted the hell out of her in front of her church. Let them know what kind of scumbag she really is.
Love the finish to this article with quotes by the server:
“I had no intention of starting a witch hunt or hurting anyone. I just wanted to share a picture I found interesting,” she said. “I come home exhausted, sore, burnt, dirty and blistered on a good day. And after all that, I can be fired for ‘embarrassing’ someone who directly insults their server on religious grounds.”
Welch also isn’t buying Bell’s embarrassment. “If this person wrote the note, obviously they wanted it seen by someone,” she said. “I’ve been stiffed on tips before, but this is the first time I’ve seen the Big Man used as reasoning.”
That’s about as well as you can put it. Just putting the Pastor on blast. Though I’m not sure her day at Applebee’s was as deep as she made it out to seem. Thankfully, I’m pretty sure she can head over to Olive Garden and get back on her grind immediately.
Just another day with dumb people doing dumber things and getting pissed when they get put on blast.